Thursday 12 July 2007

Beautiful Burmese Dancers in Hle Bee School


Aren't the girls so beautiful and graceful in their dance? Can you see the eyes of the girl 3rd from right? The girls did a lovely preformance of Burmese Dance for us and 2 classes. They took 2 hrs to prepare their make up, hair and costumes - just like my daughter!
So what do you think Sheila likes to do best with an empty hall (after the performance finished)? SONGTIME!! so 220 children for 45 minutes singing Fischy! Photo tomorrow cos the blog only seems to handle one a day. We sang I'm the Only I, which they adore and is good for teaching English and You, Me, Just the Same and Build Up and As We Go Now which had us all nearly greeting (weeping) thinking of leaving tomorrow. So tomorrow is a day for tears. We will be very sad to leave. Never thought I'd be saying that on Monday when I was thinking, 'I cannae handle this!' There is a 2 year old girl who is adorable and always wants up in my arms and uses her wiles to get me to give her water and goodies. I hope I can post a photo of her too. The children are so lovely, just so much like everyone says Forthview children are - warm, kind-hearted and friendly.

3 comments:

breadon said...

Lovely pictures and how sad you have to go! Chris

Fiona McG said...

Sounds and looks like it has been a fabulous trip. The photos are amazing and wish I could have seen the song time!

Look forward to seeing all the photos when you return.

Take care

Love

Fiona

lyn said...

Hi, a couple of fund raising ideas:

How many people would sponsor Geoff to give up smoking?

Could Geoff get together a group of musicians for a one night concert?

Will keep my "thinking cap" on and let you know of any further ideas.

Hope you are both well and getting used to the climate.

LOL Lyn