Tuesday 10 July 2007

The Promised Picture!!

Well what an evening! We arranged to meet Phillip Campbell, a VSO volunteer from Aberfeldy tonight. On Sunday his 'boss' was sitting beside Sheila on the bus and got chatting. Pramote is Deputy Director of Educational Office for Tak area and he said, 'I have a volunteer who is Scottish, you must meet him!'

Now Phillip has a motorcycle and so he took Geoff to the restaurant then came back for Sheila who needed to change out of her dress! We went to an amazing Italian restaurant where we began by ordering 3 bruschetta and then main meals each. First came one plate with 2 brushcetta, so we shared it. 10 mins later came another plate with bruschetta so we shared it. Then Sheila's penne came, followed by Phillip's cashew nut and rice, followed by.... yes you got it .. the third plate of bruschetta! So Geoff ate that then his pizza arrived. It was really funny.

At the end of the meal, the rain had started. Phillip took Geoff home and was going to come back for Sheila. After Phillip and Geoff drove off, the very kind restaurant owner said 'My husband will take you on his motorbike!' So I chased off on the back of this guy's motorbike in the rain, trying to catch up with the guys. As we drove up to the hotel, Phillip took off to fetch me from the restaurant. I phoned him just as he drove up at the Italian restaurant and the folk there were saying,'She's already gone!' What a laugh and what a great night getting the big picture of education in this area. Thank you Phillip. We look forward to introducing you to the Burmese folk in Edinburgh when you return next Spring.

This picture is to prove to the folk at Forthview and to Dianne that Sheila was on a motorbike!

3 comments:

Fiona V said...

Oh, how I am enjoying the 'dailies' from Thailand! Thank you so much for taking the time to do it! I've been hankering after a Thai curry all week, probably because you've been in my thoughts (and also because I'm always thinking of my belly!)...after reading today's installment I realise I should have just gone to Vittoria's! Glad to hear there's not a pot noodle or cuppa soup in sight, but still think you should be eating mohinga!

Loved the photo of you on the bike - this could be the start of the biker phase - and the photo of you teaching 'I'm the only I' brought a lump to my throat...

By the way, went into school and someone seems to have nicked all the resources for teaching reading...

Lots of love,
Fiona, Gavin and Beth x

ps Amber and crew arrived safely though a bit shell-shocked!

Unknown said...

From Ms Wet T-Shirt to Biker Chick- is there no end to your talents. The picture of you leading the singing is great- it looks as though you got more oomph from young people then you got from the BEd 2 in Moray House- we should send out students out there to really learn about life! So how does the school survive financially? We should seek to twin Canadian Dave with some food joint in Edinburgh- sounds as though this place is your second home for now. Love, R & M

Forthview said...

What are you like Ms Vacher? I have had more lumps in my throat than I can remember this week and you know it's the same for everyone we speak to, even people who have been here for years become very emotional and very distressed at the pain of it all, often.

Somebody is always nicking resources at Forthview! I wonder who it could be?

Send our love to Amber, the shock I well understand.

Rowena, I will answer your question on how the school survives finacially in full tomorrow so watch this space.