Thursday 9 July 2009

Bananas and capes...

It's 11am on Thursday morning. At 8.30am, Dr Thein Lwin phoned to welcome us to Chiang Mai.

"Sheila, can you come and meet my teachers who are training and given them an Introduction to Scottish Education this afternoon?" Nae bother, Thein Lwin....

... so I set off to find Irvine and Fiona who had just finished a lovely breakfast of fish soup and omelette. They were looking at the gardens and pondering flies and flowers. 'Morning folks, at 12 noon we are having Burmese lunch then giving a talk on Scottish Education.' Several Irvine flaps later, when he had finished declaring that he liked and loathed me, he went off to write his notes on Assessment is for Learning for Burmese Teachers. Hee, hee. I'm sure he said I was bananas.




Thought you would like to see these bananas which look nasty and taste divine and cost 1p each. Mmmm....

So Irvine set off to roam the streets of Chiang Mai, muttering about summative and formative assessment and Fiona, Geoff and I set off to find the internet cafe to blog.... and at that point, down came the lovely warm Thai rain.... very unlike Scottish rain.... this is nice, declared Irv....

No comments: