Saturday 12 July 2008

My daughter is in Thailand! On no she's in Hong Kong!!

Just woken at 7am, thinking, 'Horray Fiona and Louise have landed in Thailand'. Read email from Gavin, Fiona's partner telling me their flight was delayed from London, the next flight from Doha didn't wait so they were flying to HONG KONG!

HONG KONG! Aargh! My daughter is in Hong Kong! Where is Hong Kong? How do you get from Hong Kong to Bangkok and how tired will Fiona and Louise be? Oh dear, dear!

Gavin tells me not to worry and that the person to be with in a crisis is Fiona and as her friend and Headteacher I know this to be very true so I will try to be calm. Oh dear, oh dear!


Last night Geoff was taken ill in the restaurant. He felt very dizzy, almost faint and has the runs so we abandoned the bikes with the very supportive Gillespie's, ordered a tuk tuk and he has slept since, apart from a few trips to the loo and a nicotine refuel from his pipe! Don't worry though, Rob, Chris and Ade, he is fine but has a bad tummybug. He will sleep it off I am sure. You know how he can sleep......


So today I am going with Guardian Angel and Tha Zin to a village where about 8 of the Grade 5 children live. They are the children I know best so I am very excited about it. Also a bit nervous. I am not going to eat a big breakfast so I don't need the toilet today! I am also going to lather myself in beastie cream. (The morning I forgot left me with about 10 bites on my right leg.) Oh yes, we are cycling to the village so by the time I get back, I will look like Twiggy - in my dreams!


Will post as soon as I have news about Fiona and Louise. Oh dear!

2 comments:

Jackie Cameron said...

Hong Kong is very interesting if they get out and about. If they have to stay in the airport it is very nice...and they are quite close though I know if it was my wee girl I would be counting the minutes til she got there. Patience!

Forthview said...

It's been a long day for many reasons (see next posting) but one reason is that we haven't heard from Fiona and Louise all day until now, which is 8.30pm. They must be ill with exhaustion. They are now in Bangkok and ready to fly to Chiang Mai. They will get in at 10.30pm local time Saturday and left at 5am local time Friday, having had only 2 hrs sleep. Poor souls. I am suggesting they wait another day in Chiang Mai to recover. Can't wait to talk to them.